Turn your basic white shoes into a piece of art!
Come and spend an evening with delsi learning how to customise your own shoes.
We will use high quality Angelus shoe paint to create the shoes of your dreams.
There will be heaps of colours to play with – including ones with pretty pink sparkles in them.
All other materials provided – just come and have a wonderful time!
This event will be half social fun times with a bunch of like minded queer people and half super cute workshop times!
What will we cover?
This is a hands on class you’ll learn:
- How to prepare different types of shoes for painting – including cleaning up scuffs and stains
- The best paint for your shoe fabric
- Customising a design
- How to paint base colours or splatter designs
- How to finish off your shoes to protect your precious designs
What should I bring?
Bring a pair of shoes to paint. We recommend leather, vegan leather, canvas or sneakers for best results.
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be Teaching?
delsi (she/her) is a proud queer femme lady who loves nothing more than snuggling with her cat whilst crafting.
delsi is an ex-highschool teacher turned LGBTQIA+ Inclusion trainer, director of the organisation Unicorns, and marriage celebrant.
She teaches a bunch of colourful workshops at Laneway – from Queer Cross-Stitch to Eco-Glitter Bath Bombs to Cute Closed Fairy Terrariums.
Shoes pictured made by delsi
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.