Learn hand sewing basics while creating a fun, reversible fluffy octopus plush! Create unique expressions and colours for both sides of your reversible fluffy friend/fiend.
Together we’ll learn how to work with felt, and make a reversible plushie with two faces. Will yours be happy/sad? Curious/meditative or angry/surprised?
What we will cover?
In this fun, hands on workshop you will learn how to:
- Follow a sewing pattern for a 3D toy
- Hand sew basic stitches including backstitch, blanket stitch and ladder stitch.
- Work using fluffy fabrics
- Use stuffing when creating soft toys
- Decorate your reversible octopus friend, and create face/s out of felt and buttons.
- Create a plush toy!
All materials are provided and available to take home.
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Robert (he/they) is a queer engineer. They clearly don’t express enough creativity in their day job, so by night goes by their alter ego ‘ART FIEND’.
Robert believes that art is for everyone and focuses value on the process more than the outcome. As well as different sorts of hands-on painting, Robert also loves sewing as its tactile nature is really good for mental health and de-stressing. You can follow Robert’s artistic pursuits on Insta.
Photo Teacher’s own wonderful work.
Any other questions or accessibility requests we can help you with? Just shoot an email to Maddy (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.