Shrubs have been around for centuries with their origins in the Middle East.
They were a way of preserving seasonal fruits and making a refreshing drink.
Seems that shrubs are enjoying a renaissance – popping up in delicious meals, drinks and cocktails.
They are easy to make (once you know a few tricks) and with an array of flavours to make, you will have a wonderful range of summer drinks ready for picnic season!
What will we cover?
In this online cookalong class you will:
- Learn the fundamentals of creating a shrub in your own kitchen
- Find out some of the drinks, cocktails and mocktail you can use them for.
- Tinker around with using different fruits, herbs, spices, vinegars and sweeteners.
Feel free to cook along with Jen or just sit back, watch and take in the learnings!
What will I need?
If you’d like to cook along at home, please have ready:
- 1 pineapple
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 500ml white wine vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 500g strawberries
- 350ml red wine vinegar
- 60g sugar
- 50ml balsamic vinegar
- Food processor or sharp knife
- Large jar with lid
- Closed Captions
- Early Bird Discounted Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Jennifer (she/her) of Hells Breath Relish has been in the business of putting things into jars for the past 20 years and loves to mess around with food.
She is very keen to encourage others to also play with their food.
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email delsi (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.