This class has different price options for those affected by the pandemic, click the register button above and see the different options
What’s it all about?
Calling all lovers of characters and visual personalities! The time has come to challenge yourself to create diverse character designs. Discover what makes characters memorable and learn how to draw characters who share meaningful connections with their audiences. This class is suitable for all ages and will range from drawing stick figure postures, filling in character traits and creating character model sheets. This class is also beneficial for those who also want to begin drawing comics and visual sequences.
What will we cover?
In this class, we will cover:
- Introduction into visual character design.
- Understanding the basic visual language of character development (drawing body language and shapes).
- Building character personalities (traits)
- Create a character turnaround/model sheet to build a resource bank for your designs.
What will you need?
- A few pieces of paper
- Fine liner/darker pen (for outlines)
- A copy of the class PowerPoint* (which you are able to keep as a future resource) * Please note: this will be sent to you with the zoom link on the day of the class.
Who will be teaching?
Kiki is an aspiring cartoonist who grew up reading, writing and sketching in her bedroom. She studied creative writing/film and is working to produce her first graphic novel. Kiki is passionate about the art of storytelling through sequential art.