What’s it all about?
If you love classic Italian gnocchi and you’d like to make them at home but are a little unsure where to begin, then this class is for you! We’ll learn how to make delicious gnocchi from scratch. Then we’ll cook a true Italian gnocchi dish “gnocchi alla Sorrentina”. at your home in cook-along style with Roberta.
What will we cover?
Join me in an online class where we will learn how to:
- Making potato gnocchi from scratch
- How to roll the gnocchi, and tips for cooking to perfection
- Create a delicious tomato-based sauce
- Combine to make scrumptious traditional “gnocchi alla Sorrentina” ready to share with family and friends
What will you need?
Ingredients (for 2 people) gnocchi:
- 600 gr potatoes (Note – these need to be boiled with peel on 1 hr before class)
- 1 small egg
- 150 gr all purpose flour
- a pinch of salt
- 70 gr flour extra
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 300 gr tomato puree (passata)
- 1 clove garlic
- 125 gr mozzarella diced
- pinch of salt
- olive oil
- fresh basil.
Equipment: fork, knife, tray, baking tray, tea towel, bowl, potato ricer or masher (optional), gnocchi board (optional), scraper (optional).
Who will be teaching?
Roberta is a Melbourne based Italian journalist, who loves cooking traditional recipes with a twist. She also like to conduct new experiments in her kitchen and has a passion for growing heirloom veggies in her garden.
Overall curious learner and enthusiastic teacher, she believes in the value of sharing.
Check out more recipes on Roberta’s Instagram page Flour and Basil