What’s it all about?
Traditional and delicious; who doesn’t love shortbread?!
In this cook-along class, we’ll make shortbread gifts for friends, family and ourselves. Gain some hands-on experience, and fill your home with the mouth-watering aroma of freshly baked treats. We’ll be making the deliciously rich Scottish recipe.
What will we cover?
We will be making a batch of shortbread together from our own kitchens!
- Join us as we chat about the history of shortbread while we cook along
- Cover some variations on the classic recipe
- Demonstrate how to present your gifts to impress.
What will you need?
You will need:
- Plain flour
- Caster sugar
- Basic kitchen equipment, baking tray, mixing bowls, spoons etc
- and people to help you eat your good work.
Who will be teaching?
Jennifer McInnes of Hells Breath has been in the business of putting things in jars for the past 15 years, and she loves to mess around with food. In this class, Jennifer taps into her Scottish heritage to bring you the best shortbread-making tips.