Do you want to learn how to save money on groceries and help less food waste end up in landfill?
In Australia, about 7.6 tonnes of food waste is created each year. About 70% of that is still edible!
This workshop is all about how you could reduce the amount of food waste you create in your own kitchen and probably save a lot of money while you are at it!
What will we cover?
We will learn:
– What types of foods are most commonly thrown out
– How to extend the shelf life of these foods
– How to utilise food scraps creatively
– Some delicious recipes that can utilise food you might be thinking about throwing out
- Closed Captions
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
- Free Tix for First Nation Attendees
- Early Bird Cheaper Tickets
Who will be teaching?
Cristina (she/her) is a secondary school Food Studies teacher who loves all things food related!
She moved to Melbourne and away from her mum’s delicious Taiwanese cooking and has since, out of desperation for the taste of home, learned many of her favourite foods through virtual cooking classes with her mum.
She is now working through writing a cookbook honouring her mum’s recipes while putting an ethical and sustainable twist to it.
You can follow her journey on insta here –> @ms.cristina.cooks
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot delsi (she/her) an email at email@example.com.