Learn how to draw and watercolour heritage buildings or landmarks in this fun beginners class.
Australia is full of amazing landmarks, natural or human, as well as some pretty iconic buildings.
Let’s capture our favourite memories of these places and draw, ink and watercolour our favourite Australian landmark, street-scape or heritage building!
Marloes will guide you through the process, offering tips and advice on how to use watercolours, pens or markers to create you own slice of Australiana.
What will we cover?
This beginners painting & drawing class will focus on:
- Using watercolours, pens and illustration skills to recreate your favourite landmarks or historical buildings
- Drawing buildings, composition and using perspective
- Basics of watercolour washes and ink
What will you need?
- Paper – Ideally watercolour paper, but don’t worry if you don’t. Any thick paper will do.
- Pencil, rule and eraser (sharpener too perhaps?)
- Watercolours, or coloured markers (ideally brush tipped but not essential)
- Brushes, glass of water, paper towel
- Reference pictures of your favourite landscape, laneway or heritage building.
- Closed Captions
- Early Bird Cheap Tix
- Free Tix for First Nation Attendees
Who will be teaching?
Marloes Bakker-Marsden is a self taught artist who has been exploring the world of art since childhood, her current art practice is mostly focused on drawing and painting wildlife (and rocks).
She teaches a across a variety of mediums at community centres, retirement communities and other locations, including in her own studio space, sharing her skills and passions with others in a light hearted and fun way that makes the experience totally enjoyable and rewarding for everyone involved. Find her on Instagram or her website.
More about accessibility
Any other accessibility requests or questions? Just email delsi (she/her) at email@example.com