Come and enjoy the wonderful world of watercolour paintings!
This beginners class will teach you skills and techniques to create your own piece of watercolour art.
You will experiment with colour and shapes to create a beautiful image of the Autumn leaves of your neighbourhood.
In this workshop you will learn a series of drawing exercises to get back in touch with the seasons around you and the pleasure of watercolour painting!
What will we cover?
This beginner’s painting class will:
- Focus on using watercolour and illustration skills
- Cover drawing and composition
- Teach the basic of watercolour paints through a playful approach
- Help you achieve a watercolour Autumn illustration!
What will you need?
- Watercolour set (or any water based paint)
- Paper (ideally watercolour paper 300GSM, but any thick paper will do)
- Water and brushes
- Pencils, eraser, paper towel, any drawing material you have
- Leaves (optional)
- Closed Captions
- Early Bird Cheap Tix
- Free Tix for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Emilie (she/her) is a Melbourne based artist and educator, working across media with a focus on community-based practice and education. She graduated from her PhD in Fine Arts at the Victorian College of the Arts in 2020 and has been an art resident at Testing Grounds (2020) and the Comic Art Workshop (2021).
Emilie moved from France in 2014 and has been developing her art practice in Melbourne since, exhibiting her works at FortyFive Downstairs gallery, the Abbotsford convent, No Vacancy Gallery, Arcade and George Patton Gallery.
Emilie is also a comic book artist and her illustration has been published by the Lifted Brow and she self-published her first graphic novel in 2018 with Tree Paper Comics in Melbourne.
In 2021, Emilie opened Couleur in Collingwood, a printmaking studio focusing on DIY, hand-prints, and experimental printmaking.
Photo by Gustavo Leighton on Unsplash
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot an email to Maddy (she/her) at email@example.com.