Come and learn all about what it means to be D/deaf and hard of hearing.
In this theory workshop we will explore the history of Auslan (Australian Sign Language) and important info to know before you step into the world of learning to sign.
We will explore the do’s and don’ts when approaching D/deaf and hard of hearing people as well as strategies you can implement to make your world more accessible to this wonderful community.
What will we cover?
In this workshop we will explore:
- An overview of Deaf Culture and Deaf history
- Tips on approaching D/deaf and hard of hearing people
- Strategies for increasing inclusion within your world
What will I need
- Just yourself
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted
Who will be Facilitating?
Hadley (she/they) is an energetic queer human who is always on the move. Hadley is a Auslan teacher and Deaf mentor with Open That Door.
They are also passionate about mental health and advocacy for the Deaf Community.
Hadley is profoundly Deaf and uses Auslan everyday.
Photo teachers own
Other questions or accessibility requests? Just shoot an email to delsi at email@example.com.