In this beginner class we will be learning all about bead embroidery which is a type of bead-work that uses a needle and thread to stitch beads to a stitch-able surface.
You will learn the fundamentals of beading embroidery and you will have the knowledge to make yourself your very own unique jewellery/art wearables!
As well as class time, you will receive the materials to continue your beaded embroidery journey from home, and hopefully create new projects too!
What will we cover?
In this hands-on beaded embroidery workshop you will learn:
- The basics of embroidery
- How to sew shapes and flowers using beads and sequins
- How to turn your piece into wearable jewellery/art
- You will gain the skills you need to take your project home to finish, and begin new projects
What should I bring?
All materials are provided, but please bring something to take your project home safely, such as a reusable shopping bag.
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Natalia (she/her) of Kisah Kasih Embroidery is a self-taught embroidery artist and also a lover of all things textile and sparkling beads.
She is also a creative and an intimate, empowerment photographer.
Aside from her love of art and creative work, she also loves teaching and meeting new people. She can’t wait to spend time doing craft with you all. You can find out more about her work here.
Photo: creative commons
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot an email to Maddy (she/her) at email@example.com.