Bee a pollinator! Join bee guru Katrina to learn about our fascinating native bees and how to promote biodiversity in your own backyard. Discover how to spot a native bee, understand their important role in pollinating your garden veggies and learn how to create the ultimate native bee paradise in your garden for these intriguing little pollinators.
What will we cover?
In this class we will cover:
- An introduction to native bees
- Your backyard and its role in supporting local biodiversity
- What all bees do and why we should care
- Evolution of bees and native plants
- How to identify a bee (vs a fly)
- Life cycle of a native bee
- Buzz pollination
- Foraging trips with bee goggles on
- Top bee-friendly plants
- Safe bee-friendly gardening tips
- How to be a citizen scientist and provide habitat and reliable food source in your garden for our native pollinators
- Further resources and handout
What will you need?
- A notepad and pen or your preferred note taking device.
Who will be teaching?
Katrina is a passionate home gardener and founder of Buzz and Dig.
She has created a native bee friendly garden full of fruit trees, vegetables, perennial and native flowers. Her garden has been featured in Open Gardens Victoria, Grassroots Magazine, Sharewaste and filmed with Costa Georgiadis for a biosecurity segment.
Questions about the class? Please email email@example.com.
Gift a class to friends, family or colleagues!
You can purchase digital Laneway Learning gift cards in various values with a custom short message message! All gift cards are valid for 3 years (36 months). All gift cards are flexible and can be used for in-person or online classes.
Using a gift card or class credit?
For gift cards purchased via Laneway Learning’s Humanitix digital gift card page enter the gift code as per below during checkout:
If you have a PDF/paper gift card similar to LL7777 please email our team with your voucher or details. Note: we need up to 2 business days to process your request so please choose a class at least 2 days in the future!
Before you book
Please ensure you enter your email address accurately – this is where we will send your ticket, access links and other important information about the class.
Please read our terms and conditions. By purchasing a ticket or attending a class you agree to these terms and conditions.
All our classes are live only (not recorded).
If you can’t afford our classes but would still love to come, we would still love for you to come too! We are a not-for-profit community organisation and having you at our classes is what matters. We have introduced three different prices for our regular evening classes: $14 that covers all costs, $9 sponsored tickets for those struggling and $18 ‘pay it forward’ tickets. If you can afford it please select the full price or pay it forward so we can continue sponsoring others who can’t.
This class is delivered online via ZOOM:
- ZOOM is free to install on your Windows or Mac computer and also available as an app for your mobile/tablet device.
- You will need either the meeting link or both the meeting ID plus password. You don’t need to create an account to attend a meeting!
- If you are new to ZOOM please ensure you have downloaded and installed it in advance of the class.
- Here is a link to the ZOOM support site for a 1 minute tutorial on how to join a meeting.
- You can optionally join from a device with a camera and microphone.