Terrazzo is a construction material mix often used for flooring or tiles. It’s a mix of broken tiles, granite, rocks with concrete or other poured over to create lovely, mosaic-looking patterns.
Terrazzo homewares are very trendy right now and cheaper/easier ways to obtain the same look are everywhere (on TikTok!).
Join us and learn one of these faux techniques as well as going home with a large trinket plate.
What will we cover?
In this class you will learn:
- A few different ways to imitate the terrazzo look depending on what the final object is
- How to would with Plaster of Paris and set up a mould for your plate
- We’ll all make a terrazzo plate together and go home with our new lovely decor.
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathroom
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreter Upon Request
Who will be Teaching?
Maria (she/her) is the general manager of Laneway Learning, a serial crafter and a lifelong learner. She loves to keep her hands busy making crochet blankets, concrete planters, macrame wall hangers and learn new techniques.
She is passionate about the power of learning new things in a community setting and how positively it can impact our mental health and wellbeing.
Pic Teachers Own Creation
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot an email to delsi (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.