So, you thought travel had come to a halt. Hell –no. Grab your hat and come on this virtual tour of Cuba.
This tour will offer an insight into the country’s history, give you a taste of salsa, a sip of mojito and a touch of rumba.
After this virtual tour you will be ready to take on Cuba once all borders are back open.
Viva la Cuba!
What will we cover?
Starting in Havana – you will explore the old and new parts of this colourful city – some parts crumble while others are wrapped in luxury. Walk along the famous malecon where Cuban’s dance, play guitar and drink rum as they embrace the simple pleasures of life. Take a Cadillac from Havana to the stunning beaches of Varadero – postcard perfect.
This session will cover:
- A brief overview of Cuba’s history;
- How to travel to Cuba (which airlines travel there and when is the best time to visit)
- Cash, card and currency issues to consider
- Where to stay and what to see and do
- Cuba’s music and dance varieties (try a little salsa)
- A brief history of Cuba’s rum industry and how to prepare the perfect mojito
What will you need?
A thirst for travel and an open mind. Cuba is like nowhere else on earth!
If you want to make a mojito to sip along (optional):
- 45ml white rum
- 20mL sugar syrup
- Fresh mint leaves (plus extra to garnish)
- A fresh lime cut into wedges (plus extra limes wedges to garnish)
- Soda water, to top
- Crushed ice
Who will be teaching?
Meagan (she/her) is a Hawaiian hula dancer and freelance writer who has been putting her hips into Cuban salsa since meeting her partner Harold.
She is excited to share what she has learned from her many visits to Cuba.
Questions about the class or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email delsi (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.