What’s it all about?
Learn the art and science behind blending the perfectly balanced cup of tea. Set in Brunswick’s own tea atelier and guided by a qualified tea sommelier, join us as we experiment with different flavours, smells, and textures ultimately allowing you to design your own blend to test and take home.
What will we cover?
In this workshop everyone will make their own unique tea blend. We’ll also cover the following:
- Brief overview of tea and tea blending theory
- The basics of choosing the perfect tea base
- Understanding flavours and combinations that work well in tea
- Tea blending ingredients
- Brewing guides for different teas
- Practical experience with different herbs and spices
- Smell tests and blind taste tests of blend creations
- We will package your blend ready for you to take home at the end of the night
Who will be teaching?
Sarah is a qualified tea sommelier with training in traditional teas and herbal tisanes. Sarah creates all the blends that are served by Impala & Peacock – Melbourne’s Tea Atelier. When she’s not managing high tea experiences, creating blends, or running tea cuppings, Sarah also consults to cafes in Melbourne providing tea training. She can be contacted at email@example.com