What’s it all about?
Learn the art and science behind blending the perfectly balanced cup of tea. Join us in Brunswick’s own tea atelier, and be guided by a qualified tea sommelier.
We will experiment with different flavours, smells, and textures, and you will get to design your own blend to test and take home.
What will we cover?
In this workshop everyone will make their own unique tea blend. We’ll also cover the following:
- Brief overview of tea and tea blending theory.
- The basics of choosing the perfect tea base.
- Understanding flavours and combinations that work well in tea.
- Tea blending ingredients.
- Brewing guides for different teas.
- Practical experience with different herbs and spices.
- Smell tests and blind taste tests of blend creations.
- Packaging your blend ready for you to take home at the end of the night.
Who will be teaching?
Ruan de Witt has a dual background in Physics and Mechanical Engineering and a long passion for tea. After establishing Impala & Peacock Artisan Teas, Ruan has obsessively been exploring the world of tea and holds the 2017 Australian Blind Tea Tasting Championship and the 2016 Australian Tea Brewing Championship titles representing Australia on the world stage.