Have you heard of Zines?
Short for Magazine, a zine is a self-published mini book hand-made with love!
In this Class, Emilie will introduce you to the art of creating your own publication through a hands-on approach.
We’ll then learn to fold and assemble your own zine and design and write a mini personal story, or simply a list of your favourite plants, recipe or songs!
What will we cover?
This hands-on session you’ll:
- Learn about the underground history of zines
- Discover the variety of forms these cool hand-made books can take
- Fold, staple, saw, punch and tie your own mini Zine
- Learn about the different papers and formats you use use
You will leave the class with a foldable A4 zine that you can photocopy to ‘publish’ as many copies as you want and share with your friends and family! Perfect personal gift!
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Early Bird Cheap Tix
- Free Tix for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreter Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Emilie (she/her) is a Melbourne based artist and maker, currently finishing her PhD at the Victorian College of the Arts.
She moved from France and 2014 and has been developing her art practice since, working with a range of media, from video to printmaking and 3D printing.
Emilie is also a comic book artist. Her illustration has been published by the Lifted Brow, and she self-published her first graphic novel in 2018 with Tree Paper Comics in Melbourne.
Pic teachers own wonderful work
Any other accessibility requests or questions? Just email delsi (she/her) at email@example.com.