What’s it all about?
Enter the world of self-publishing! In this workshop you will be taught how to make you very own zine from a single piece of A4 paper. Did you know there are over 10 different ways to fold a zine? You can create a beautiful zine or two (or three) to keep yourself or send to friends & family – be your own publisher!
What will we cover?
Emilie will share some drawing exercises, warm-ups, folding techniques and how to plan and compose a mini-story in images.
- What materials are good to use
- Various folding methods for ‘Zines
- Drawing exercises that will ignite and help unleash your imagination
- Composition and creation of mini stories
- Creation of your own ‘Zine or 3
What will you need?
- Paper – white or coloured it’s up to you
- A variety of pens, markers and pencils – whatever you prefer to play with
- Ruler & scissors
- Your imagination or your story that you want to tell the world!
Who will be teaching?
Emilie is a Melbourne based artist and maker, currently finishing her PhD at the Victorian College of the Arts. She moved from France in 2014 and has been developing her art practice since, working with a range of media, from video to printmaking, 3D printing and a variety of paint mediums. Emilie is also a comic book artists. Her illustration has been published by the Lifted Brow, and she self-published her first graphic novel in 2018 with Tree Paper Comics in Melbourne.