This class has different price options for those affected by the pandemic, click the register button above and see the different options
What’s it all about?
Learning how to create your own beautiful decorative and personalised map of the neighbourhood of your choice is fun!
Create a lovely illustrative map of some of your favourite spots to hang out, your neighbourhood or a treasured holiday journey. These can decorate your home? or send to friends and family as a way of sharing your favourite haunts and moments with those you care about.
Join us and illustrate the iconic landmarks and places in your life – like the best place to brunch? and revisit your favourite places by putting them down on paper.
What will we cover?
We will be creating our own personalised decorative map of our favourite places.
Come join us to learn:
- How to use Google Maps to plan out your map
- How to choose your favourite landmarks and place them on the map
- How to illustrate cute elements and add your own touches to your map
What will you need?
- Some thicker or heavier paper (hopefully you can get some that is 200gsm or more)
- Drawing materials – any one or more of these:
- Black or coloured markers (they can also be all different)
- Bottle/s of ink, black or coloured ink
- Nib holders and nibs (if you have them)
- A glass with some water to dilute the ink
- Paper towels or something to clean ink and wipe the nibs
Who will be teaching?
At age four, Amandine Thomas announced to her bewildered family that she would become a children’s book illustrator. And so she grew up writing short stories that she illustrated and compiled in crooked, clumsily stapled booklets.
Fast forward to present-day, and not much has changed. Amandine is now an award-winning illustrator, writing and illustrating children’s books and contributing to various publications from one side of the globe to the other.