Collage is the art of arranging existing images in combination with other elements (wallpaper or text such as newspaper) to create a composite work of art.
It can add depth and interest or be used to tell a story.
It has been used for hundreds of years and made a resurgence in the early 20th Century when Braque & Picasso helped make it a distinctive part of modern art.
Come and enjoy a relaxing evening of collaging with artist and educator Emilie.
What will we cover?
In this class we will learn:
- How to create a beautiful and unique collage from magazine images, your own photos and coloured paper.
- How to compose an image and select visuals to create a narrative or just simply play with colour and shape!
- You will each create a unique collage from the comfort of your own home
What will I need?
- Magazines and or photos
- Coloured paper
- Large thicker piece of paper for the base
- Pens, pencils or textas
- Closed Captions
- Early Bird Cheap Tix
- Free Tix for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreter Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Emilie (she/her) is a Melbourne based artist and maker, currently finishing her PhD at the Victorian College of the Arts. She moved from France and 2014 and has been developing her art practice since, working with a range of media, from video to printmaking and 3D printing.
Emilie is also a comic book artists. Her illustration has been published by the Lifted Brow, and she self-published her first graphic novel in 2018 with Tree Paper Comics in Melbourne.
Questions about the class or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email delsi (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.