Love Drag makeup but have no idea where to start?
Been watching a lot of Drag Race lately? And keen to channel the makeup stylings of Sasha Velour, Kim Chi or Violet Chachki?
Well, Yoann, the Melbourne based makeup queen, performance artist and queer legend is here for you!
Come and learn the key basics to create your perfect drag look!
No experience needed.
Come get cute with Yoann and Laneway Learning!
This is part of a 4 series workshop with drag star Yoann which will explore all elements of drag makeup! Feel free to come to one workshop or all 4!
What we will cover?
In this lesson we will learn how to:
- Different styles of drag eye make up
- What eye looks our favourite queens love to wear
- How to create beautiful drag eye looks
- Where to purchase drag makeup essentials
- There will be a live demonstration and then time for you to practice your new skills and receive feedback from your wonderful teacher
If you know how to block your brows, it would be a good idea to come with them already blocked so you have a bigger canvas to work with.
What to bring
- Black eye shadow
- 2 or more eye shadow colours
- Black eye pencil
- White cream or light concealer
- Small blending brush
- Eye blending brush x 2
- Flat angle brush
- Flat concealer brush
If you already own some makeup feel free to bring along and you will be able to practice the techniques you learn.
But no need to purchase any if you don’t already own them. You can just watch and learn.
– Closed Captions
– Discounted Early Bird Tickets
– Free Tickets for First Nations Attendees
– Auslan Interpreter (Upon Request)
Who will be teaching?
Yoann Pareja (he/him), also known as Yvon Raphael is a melbourne based queer performer and makeup artist.
Having worked in the makeup industry for over 5 years, their relationship with makeup is both experimental and professional.
Yoann’s biggest inspirations are the strong independent feminine humans in their life, as well as the underground queer culture.
Questions about the class? Please email delsi (she/her) at email@example.com.