What’s it all about?
Feldenkrais: Movements to soften, release and ease the low back.
Learn how to pleasantly, gently tune the lower back area, create mobility and open to vitality and pleasure. Improve your posture, balance and strength. Enhance your work, play, yoga, dance, martial art, loving and living with neurosensory exercises to ease that lower back. The exercises will be done lying on the floor so have a mat or blanket ready for lying on.
What will we cover?
In the class you will learn:-
- The practice of quietly attending to the sensations of the lowerback to improve support, balance and skill
- Fun neurosensory exercises to relax and free up the movement of the lower back for smooth, graceful coordination
- To develop awareness and subtle exercises to activate, strengthen and mobilise
- Techniques for ongoing self-care and health maintenance
What will you need?
- A yoga mat – These are floor based techniques
- Comfortable clothes are encouraged
Who will be teaching?
Ralph Hadden is a certified Feldenkrais practitioner, practising in Melbourne. He is one of Australia’s most experienced Feldenkraisers, having been teaching since 1988. He offers his own workshops, weekly classes and individual sessions, helping his clients recover from injury, build health and relaxation and improve performance at work and play. He has presented for many organisations including CAE, Arthritis Foundation, Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, the Gawler Foundation and RMIT. He teaches with clarity, respect and good humour, combining fun with serious learning. You can visit his website or Facebook page.