What’s it all about?
Fancy taking your cake decorating to the next level? In this class you will learn how to use fondant (or sugar paste) to create decorations for your baked goods.
We will, through working with fondant to creating your own fondant figure! Then, piece by piece, we will learn how to create a cute cake topper!
What will we cover?
In the class we will:
- Fondant: What is it? Where to buy it? Cheap alternatives that work as well.
- Inspirational websites and other online finds.
- Tips on how to mould it, colour it, paint it and store it.
- Step by step process for making a pretty little topper for your cupcake.
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- All Gender Bathrooms
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
- Early Bird Cheaper Tickets
Who will be teaching?
Maria Yebra is a Spanish expat who has been living in Melbourne for over a decade. She loves cooking and baking (she had a cupcake making blog once upon a time) but above all else she enjoys eating the food she creates!
In Spain, Maria worked as a kitchen assistant for a catering company renowned for their reinvention of tapas and later on applied these concepts to her family’s business a rural cottage/hotel catering for out of the box weddings and events. Currently she is the general manager of Laneway Learning and a confess craft-oholic with a penchant for plants.
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org