*Note: this class requires crochet experience
Reduce, Reuse, Repurpose: come along and learn how to make your own beautiful basket from scrap yarns using crochet.
Using scrap yarn is a way of keeping textile waste out of landfill while learning new projects and approaches for existing crochet skills. This is a project you can repeat again and again, exploring different yarns and combinations.
Your wonderful teacher Val will have lots of scrap yarns to choose from to start your project, and to take home and complete.
All materials provided.
This class is suitable for those with crochet experience.
What will we cover?
In this hands-on class you will:
- Learn to prepare yarn – what works best
- Learn to join yarn strips
- Learn the pattern
- Learn how to finish off your basket (so you can continue working on it at home to achieve your chosen size/dimensions)
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Discounted Early Bird tickets
- Quiet Spaces
- Free Ticket for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreter (Upon Request)
Who will be teaching?
Valerie (she/her) is a passionate crafter and rag rug maker.
Her mission is to make use of fabric scraps and re-purpose fabric to avoid fabric going to landfill.
Valerie uses a number of rag rug techniques including Amish knot and crochet.
Pic Teacher’s Own Creation
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot an email us at email@example.com.