What’s it all about?
Inktober is here! Join us for classes to improve our inking skills, develop positive drawing habits and a bit of cartooning!
Want to draw cartoon characters, but don’t know where to start? Kiki will share what makes cartoon characters universally loved and help you produce your own caricature flip book. Your book will provide a foundation to play with various cartoon facial expressions as you begin drawing.
What will we cover?
- A brief introduction into what we love and know about cartoons
- Learn how to use photos/references as inspiration for cartoon facial expressions
- Create our own cartoon expression flip book
- Free draw characters with your new cartoon flip book.
What will you need?
- A few pieces of paper
- Fine liner/darker pen (for outlines)
- Template for a toon twirl (Note this will be sent with the class link)
Who will be teaching?
Kiki is an aspiring cartoonist who grew up reading, writing and sketching in her bedroom. She studied creative writing/film and is working to produce her first graphic novel. Kiki is passionate about the art of storytelling through sequential art.