What’s it all about?
Want to draw cartoon characters, but don’t know where to start? Learn how to mix and match character expressions and create your very own toon twirler! Your twirler will provide a foundation to play around with cartoon facial expressions as you begin drawing.
What will we cover?
In this class, we will cover:
- A brief introduction into what we love and know about cartoons
- How to use photo references as inspiration for cartoon facial expressions
- How to evolve expressions for dramatic effect
- How to create your own cartoon expression toon twirler.
What will will you need?
- Circle sheet (provided) for download & printing (will be sent with your session link 1 hour prior to session)
- Push pins/split pins
- Pencil/Eraser/Colouring pencils/Pen/Ruler/Scissors/paper
- Ability to take photos of yourself (i.e. camera/phone) to use photos as a reference for drawing
Who will be teaching?
Kiki is an aspiring cartoonist who grew up reading, writing and sketching in her bedroom. She studied creative writing/film and is working to produce her first graphic novel. Kiki is passionate about the art of storytelling through sequential art.