Come and learn how to create eco paints from all natural ingredients! And put them immediately to use as you learn to paint a realistic Fairy Penguin.
Did you know that know that traditional acrylic paints, while bright and cheery, contain plastics that end up in our waterways? Not just their packaging, but the paints themselves. So whenever we use acrylic paints and rinse our brushes at the end, small plastic particles are going into our waterways.
In Serene’s class you’ll learn to make your own eco-friendly paints – how to prepare the paints from simple household ingredients. Then you’ll be guided step-by step in drawing a Fairy Penguin – just one of the local water babies who your eco paints will benefit!
No art experience required – just come and have a wonderful time!
What will we cover?
In this hands on class you’ll learn:
- How to make paints from everyday kitchen ingredients and waste
- What paint is and how modern paints affects the marine environment
- The cultural impacts of paint and colour
- Natural vs Synthetic paints – what is the difference?
- How to draw a Fairy Penguin from a reference image
- How to paint a Fairy Penguin in 3D
All materials provided.
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be Teaching?
Serene (kiat chen) (she/her) is a visual creative who loves bringing joy to others via art and environment.
She likes doing an enjoyment sandwich each day which involves piano, drawing and making her partner cringe.
You can find her on her website or Instagram at @serenekitchen.
Photo of Artist’s own work.
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot Maddy (she/her) an email at email@example.com