Do you find you wake up with a stiff neck? Or maybe your neck aches a little after you’ve hunched over your laptop all day?
Get a safe and easy fix for neck tension and stiffness using the ingenious Feldenkrais movement exercises. Feldenkrais is a clever exercise system using gentle movement and mindfulness.
Come and spend your evening with us as we help you free your neck. In this class you’ll learn to release tightness and unconscious restriction, and create natural, graceful and effective actions.
What will we cover?
This workshop will involve:
– An explanation of the principles of the Feldenkrais Method®
– Pleasant, safe exercises to free up the neck, head and shoulders
– Enjoyable and interesting ways to neutralise the tensions that build up in the neck
– Techniques for ongoing self-maintenance.
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Ralph (he/him) is a certified Feldenkrais practitioner based in Melbourne. He is one of Australia’s most experienced Feldenkraisers, having been teaching since 1988. He offers his own workshops, weekly classes and individual sessions, helping his clients recover from injury, build health and relaxation and improve performance at work and play.
He has presented for many organisations including CAE, Arthritis Foundation, Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, the Gawler Foundation and RMIT. He teaches with clarity, respect and good humour, combining fun with serious learning. You can visit his website or Facebook page.
Questions about the class or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email Maddy (she/her) at email@example.com.