Wonton’s make such a lovely tasty snack or feature of Chinese soups, but how many of us can create this dumpling deliciousness in our own kitchen?
In this class we will explore the popularity of traditional Chinese wontons before learning how to make your own wontons, and taking away the knowhow to cook these at home!
This class will include both prawn and vegetarian filling options.
What we will cover?
In this lesson you will learn how to:
- Make your own wonton wrappers from scratch
- Make your own wonton filling – prawn or vegetarian
- Fold wonton skins – tips and tricks
- Make a simple dipping sauce
- Chopsticks skills
The class will finish with a wonton tasting so come ready to eat!
Please let us know if you would prefer prawn or vegetarian wonton filling so we can cater accordingly.
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreters upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Qing (she/her) is one of our regular teachers here at Laneway Learning!
She loves to cook for her family and learnt traditional methods from her parents.
She has many passions and also teaches classes on origami, paper quilling, jewellery making and beading.
Questions about the class or accessibility requests we can help you with? Just shoot Maddy (she/her) an email at email@example.com