What’s it all about?
Are you feeling the need to move during your lunch break?
Learn the hypnotic hip movements of the Pacific, and the grace and charm of Hawaiian storytellers while you refresh and revive and most importantly enjoy your lunch break!
What will we cover?
- Understand and appreciate the origin of Hawaiian hula and the various types.
- Discover the ancient Gods and goddesses that hold the secrets of hula.
- Learn a little of the ancient art of Hawaii through the beauty of hula dance.
- You will learn how to hold and move your hands to the motion of the ocean, carry yourself like a proud warrior and move to the beats of the tropical islands, from slow to fast. You will share the aloha.
- You’re at home so dress up in your favourite sarong! It’ll make those hula moves extra satisfying!
Who will be teaching?
Meagan Patroni is an Australian (haole) that has been studying and practising hula across the globe since 2007. She has danced in Hawaii, New Zealand, Samoa, Tahiti, Australia and beyond. Inspired by the beauty of it, she aims to share her appreciation of a dance that has captivated Hollywood, dispelling myths while cultivating understanding. You will surely fall in love with the stunning Polynesian practice of hula.