What’s it all about?
Do you love classic Italian cuisine? Would you’d like to learn to make your own fresh orecchiette at home?
Join Roberta in this hands-on class to learn how to make semolina pasta in this cook-along orecchiette masterclass!
We will also be making a delicious classic basil pesto to go with our homemade ‘orecchiette al pesto’ for a perfect Italian-style meal.
What will we cover?
- How to make pasta with semolina flour and water
- How to mix and knead the dough by hand, then shape it into orecchiette (without any special equipment!)
- Learn how to make a classic delicious pesto to go with your homemade pasta
- Finish with a delicious meal ready to share with family and friends
What will you need?
Ingredients (for 2 people):
For the pasta dough:
- 240g semolina flour
- 120ml warm water
- A pinch of salt
For the pesto:
- 35g basil leaves
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 35g Parmigiano cheese (grated)
- 10g pinenuts
- Garlic – half a clove
Equipment: knife, blender, workbench
Who will be teaching?
Roberta is a Melbourne based Italian journalist, who loves cooking traditional recipes with a twist. She also likes to conduct new experiments in her kitchen and has a passion for growing heirloom veggies in her garden. Overall curious learner and enthusiastic teacher, she believes in the value of sharing.
Check out more recipes on Roberta’s Instagram page Flour and Basil