What is Spätzle? Well if you have Austrian, German or Swiss background, pretty sure you already know…. It’s a delicious type of fresh egg pasta that can be used as a side dish to any meat or eaten on it’s own for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
This yummy homemade pasta is such a versatile dish, takes minutes to make, freezes great and can make meal-planning a delight. Join Tommy and Maria and learn a few different options as well as a great base recipe.
What will we cover?
Join us and learn
– How to make Spätzle dough from scratch (Austrian style!)
– How to cook them with the traditional tools but also alternatives to make them with whatever you have at home
– Alternative doughs such as spinach, vegan, etc
– Spätzle taster and recipes
– Wheelchair Accessible Venue
– Gender Neutral Bathroom
– Quiet Spaces
– Discounted Early Bird Tickets
– Free Tickets to First Nation Attendees
– Auslan Interpreter Upon Request
Who will be Teaching?
Tommy is the founder of Coffee Rider and Co and has been in the coffee trade for over 15 years. He comes from the Tyrol area in Austria and used to have a cafe in Melbourne were he cooked lots of Austrian and german delicatessen including breakfast spätzle. You can follow Tommy on Instagram and Facebook.
Maria (she/her) has crafted many weird and wonderful things since getting hooked on crochet, and she shows no signs of stopping! In addition to crochet and crafting, she also has a passion for cooking and baking, indoor plants and running Laneway Learning
Any questions or accessibility requests? Feel free to email delsi (she/her) at email@example.com.