Have you ever wondered when that old house down the street was built?
There is a way to tell, and there is no need to examine dusty old records, you can tell from the architectural features of the building!
Learn from Archeologist Sammy how to distinguish heritage building and from what period they may be.
What will we cover?
This workshop will teach you:
– The architectural features of many historic homes in Melbourne
– How to utilise a cheat sheet to help you date features within a home.
– How to use the Victorian Heritage Register and National Trust Database.
What will you need?
- Workshop Booklet provided
- Pen and notepad
Who will be teaching?
Sammy is an archaeologist with over 6 years of experience working in Australia and the United Kingdom.
Sammy loves to share her tales of adventure, her puppy, teddy bears and a good bottle of wine.
Questions about the class? Please email email@example.com.
Gift a class to friends, family or colleagues!
You can purchase digital Laneway Learning gift cards in various values with a custom short message message! All gift cards are valid for 3 years (36 months). All gift cards are flexible and can be used for in-person or online classes.
Using a gift card or class credit?
For gift cards purchased via Laneway Learning’s Humanitix digital gift card page enter the gift code as per below during checkout:
If you have a PDF/paper gift card similar to LL7777 please email our team with your voucher or details. Note: we need up to 2 business days to process your request so please choose a class at least 2 days in the future!
Before you book
Please ensure you enter your email address accurately – this is where we will send your ticket, access links and other important information about the class.
Please read our terms and conditions. By purchasing a ticket or attending a class you agree to these terms and conditions.
All our classes are live only (not recorded).
If you can’t afford our classes but would still love to come, we would still love for you to come too! We are a not-for-profit community organisation and having you at our classes is what matters. We have introduced three different prices for our regular evening classes: $14 that covers all costs, $9 sponsored tickets for those struggling and $18 ‘pay it forward’ tickets. If you can afford it please select the full price or pay it forward so we can continue sponsoring others who can’t.
This class is delivered online via ZOOM:
- ZOOM is free to install on your Windows or Mac computer and also available as an app for your mobile/tablet device.
- You will need either the meeting link or both the meeting ID plus password. You don’t need to create an account to attend a meeting!
- If you are new to ZOOM please ensure you have downloaded and installed it in advance of the class.
- Here is a link to the ZOOM support site for a 1 minute tutorial on how to join a meeting.
- You can optionally join from a device with a camera and microphone.
Parts of this image are from Watercolor vector created by freepik www.freepik.com