What’s it all about?
Celebrating Inktober and Halloween! Woo hoo a double whammy! – Let’s Doodle with a spooky twist tonight and draw our own spooky doodle and a strangely beautiful sugar skull!
If you are either continuing your Doodling journey or just beginning to exploring this delightful art form, join us tonight for some fun as this time we have a defined design project in mind. Marloes will demonstrate various patterns and then we can together apply them to our own gorgeous Sugar Skull project
Mindful Doodling (or abstract illustration) is a great gateway to relaxation, meditation and mindfulness. This highly addictive art form is easy, fun & portable and anyone can do it, no artistic talent needed, all you need is a desire to try something new and fun.
Reap benefits for both your mental and physical wellbeing including: improved concentration, fine motor skills and increased levels of joy and lower blood pressure.
What will we cover?
In this class you will:
- Be guided through the constructions of various doodle patterns, develop and expand your own “pattern vocabulary”
- Be shown how to create of our skull shape
- Utilise your pattern vocabulary to create your own tribute to Halloween and the Day of the Dead traditional art styles and create our own Sugar Skull artworks together.
What will you need?
- Nice drawing paper
- Your favourite pens (fine tips are best), black – but if you feel like adding colour bring on the felt pens, colour pencils or even paints!
- Sharp HB pencil and eraser
Who will be teaching?
Artist Marloes Bakker-Marsden teaches a variety of mediums at community centres, retirement communities and other locations, including in her own studio space. She enjoys sharing her skills and passions with others in a light hearted and fun way that makes the experience totally enjoyable and rewarding for everyone involved.
Ask her why the doodling workshops are her favourite and she will wax lyrical on the many benefits of this delightful art form!
You can find her on Instagram