Come and learn how to draw and paint hands!
Drawing hands can be hard!
So come and learn some drawing and painting techniques from artist and educator, Emilie.
She will guide you through a series of art exercises to help you on your way to drawing hands like a pro!
What will we cover?
This beginner’s painting class will:
- Focus on using watercolour and illustration skills
- Cover drawing and composition
- Teach the basic of watercolour paints through a playful approach
- Help you create a series of hand illustration!
What will I need?
- Paper – Ideally watercolour paper, but don’t worry if you don’t.
- Black fine liner
- Hair dryer if you have one handy (speeds up drying)
- Closed Captions
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Emilie (she/her) is a Melbourne based artist and educator, working across media with a focus on community-based practice and education. She graduated from her PhD in Fine Arts at the Victorian College of the Arts in 2020 and has been an art resident at Testing Grounds (2020) and the Comic Art Workshop (2021).
Emilie moved from France in 2014 and has been developing her art practice in Melbourne since, exhibiting her works at FortyFive Downstairs gallery, the Abbotsford convent, No Vacancy Gallery, Arcade and George Patton Gallery.
Emilie is also a comic book artist and her illustration has been published by the Lifted Brow and she self-published her first graphic novel in 2018 with Tree Paper Comics in Melbourne.
In 2021, Emilie opened Couleur in Collingwood, a printmaking studio focusing on DIY, hand-prints, and experimental printmaking.
Image artists own wonderful work
Questions about the class or other ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email delsi (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.