What’s it all about?
This lesson is all about how to make the perfect fluffy Japanese-style cheesecake that is all the rage in viral YouTube videos, blogs and shops around the world.
What will we cover?
Come to this class and learn:
- A simple and foolproof recipe using only five ingredients (cream cheese, milk, flour, eggs and sugar)
- How to create the cheesecake through a step-by-step demonstration
- More details about adapting the recipe for a chocolate cheesecake
- Some of the tips and tricks to making a cheese cloud using your own oven
The class will be easy to follow and you can ask questions along the way.
- 40 minutes in a water bath at 140 degrees (Celcius)
- Then a further 20 minutes in a water bath at 120 degrees (Celcius)
- Finally turn oven off and leave for 20 minutes more to cool.
What will you need?
- 200g cream cheese (eg. Philadelphia). Lactose-free cream cheese is also ok.
- 200ml full-fat milk. Lactose-free milk is also ok.
- 50g plain (all purpose) flour
- 4 eggs (large or jumbo sized – at least 50g to 60g per egg) – You will need to separate these into yolks and egg whites
- 80g sugar (white, raw or caster are all fine)
- Room temperature butter or margarine (in block or spreadable)
- Optional flavour essence (eg. vanilla, coconut, almond, etc.)
- Kitchen equipment:
- Baking paper
- Electric beater, stand mixer or similar (or LOTS of wrist power!)
- 2 mixing bowls
- A microwave
- A regular domestic oven
- A rimmed oven pan that can hold at least 2 fingers deep of water
- A 7-10 inch / 17-25cm cake tin*
Who will be teaching?
Jenny is a sweet tooth and likes cake far too much! When she’s not baking delicious things, she is both a jewellery maker and gift shop owner. For the past five years, Jenny has created jewellery in a range of materials but in particular paper-based jewellery (one of her favourite mediums). Jenny’s other passions and skills include interior design, merchandising and origami.