Macra-weave is the combination of macrame and weaving techniques to make stunning wall art. It allows you to bring different fibres into play and create more movement in your wall hangings.
In this class, we’ll learn from scratch the basics of macra-weave including macrame knots and weaving styles. Total newbies welcomed!
What will we cover?
- Materials and getting your project started
- Macrame knots
- Larks head
- Square knots
- Double hitch knot
- Weaving techniques
- Finishing touches
- Tips and tricks/ troubleshooting
Even if you do know some macrame or some weaving, join us for this class, learn a few more techniques and give yourself the time to work on a beautiful hanging to take home.
Who will be teaching?
Maria Yebra has crafted many weird and wonderful things since getting hooked on crochet, and she shows no signs of stopping!
– Wheelchair Accessible Venue
– Gender Neutral Bathrooms
– Quiet Spaces
– Discounted Early Bird Tickets
– Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
– Auslan Interpreter Upon Request