Marinating cheese is easy and delicious! And there are lots of ways you can get creative with it!
Join Jen and learn how to tune into flavour to marinate to perfection!
In the class, you will prepare a jar of marinated cheese while we discuss the great palette of flavours that you can use to make something truly tasty.
Once you have the basics sorted you will be able to go wild, making your own specialty set of flavours.
Gather some ingredients and join in during the class, or simply just watch and take in the learnings.
What will we cover?
In this online cookalong class you will:
- Learn the basic principles of marinating
- Prepare a batch of marinated cheese
- Learn about different flavour combinations
- Learn how to prepare your jars
What will I need?
If you’d like to cook along at home, please have ready:
INGREDIENTS AND EQUIPMENT
- 200g feta cheese
- 100ml olive oil
- 50ml vegetable oil (canola, sunflower, etc)
- Your choice of the flavour combinations given below
- Cutting board, knife, jar, lid
- Chilli – chilli flakes, fresh chillies, pickled chillies, chilli oil
- Garlic – roasted garlic cloves, herbs, black garlic (if you can find some)
- Lemon – preserved lemon, lemon flavoured olive oil, coriander seed, sumac
- Fresh herbs – thyme, bay leaf, oregano, sage
- Moroccan – using Moroccan spices – ground cumin, coriander, garlic, chilli, turmeric
Samples of flavour combinations suggested to the class are:
- Closed Captions
- Early Bird Discounted Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Jennifer (she/her) of Hells Breath Relish has been in the business of putting things into jars for the past 20 years and loves to mess around with food.
She is very keen to encourage others to also play with their food.
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just email delsi (she/her) at email@example.com.