Do you wish you could get a massage every week?
Join in this fun online workshop with a pal or loved one and learn some massage basic from the comfort of your own home!
Of course if you need treatment you go and see a professional but do you know how many people say that they “just feel tight”?
Learning massage can also help you get in touch with your own body and how to communicate what kind of touch you like.
What will we cover?
Firstly, we will get comfortable, both the person delivering the massage and the person receiving it!
You will see how it’s done even if you don’t have a massage table at home.
We will cover:
– Basic communications
– Consent based on Betty Martin’s Wheel of consent
– How to give feedback kindly
– Massage techniques including pressure, movement and a variety of touch to relax.
What should I do to prepare?
– You might like to wear a top with short sleeves or ones that can be rolled up past the elbow comfortably.
– If you have some massage oil feel free to bring that too.
– Closed Captions
– Discounted Early Bird Tickets
– Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
– Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Clare (she/her) developed a fascination with the human form and function through life drawing, dance and being uncoordinated at sports which lead her to roll up her sleeves and get hands on.
She was a Myotherapist for the 10 years after coming from the UK to study in Melbourne. In her spare time she reads blogs about neuroplasticity and loves to walk in the forest.
Any other accessibility requests or questions? Just email delsi at email@example.com