Salads in Summer = Sensational!
From Natalie’s kitchen to yours, come and learn how to prepare two Middle Eastern fresh and fantastic salads.
You will find out the basics, the method, dressing and ideas on how to improvise and add your own favourite toppings.
What will we cover?
In this cook along class we will:
- Hear a few stories from Natalie’s Middle Eastern home and kitchen
- Watch a demo on how to prepare two healthy and tasty Middle Eastern salads
- Or you can just watch and learn
What will you need?
If you would like to cook along feel free to have the below goodies ready to go.
- Lettuce of your choice
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 lebanese cucumbers (or another kind will do)
- 1 Spanish onion or 2 spring onions
- 1 Arabic bread toasted (I will show you an easy way to toast it)
- Optional: radish, parsley, mint, purslane
dressing: olive oil, lemon juice, salt, sumac
- 1 cup couscous of choice
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- ½ cup chickpeas
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Dressing: olive oil, lemon juice, salt
- Closed Captions
- Early Bird Cheap Tix
- Free Tix for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreter Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Natalie (she/her) was born in the magical city of Jerusalem and immigrated to Melbourne as a teenager, bringing along and continuing her stories and love of Middle Eastern cuisine.
The difference between her and her parents (best cooks ever) is that Natalie will show you how to prepare and present Middle Eastern dishes in a simple, affordable and delightful way.
Any other accessibility requests or questions? Just email delsi (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.