Come and enjoy the world of doodling and learn how to create a matrix and grid based pattern to further expand your “pattern vocabulary”.
This Creative Meditation art form is a gateway to relaxation, meditation and mindfulness and will help you achieve that wonderful Zen like meditative state, which aside from its sheer enjoy-ability, is so beneficial to both your mental and physical well-being, so put down the yoga mat and pick up a pen instead!
It is easy, fun & portable and anyone can do it, no artistic talent needed, all you need is a desire to try something new and fun.
What will we cover?
- In this workshop you will:
- – Be guided through the creation of several more complex patterns
- – Learn how to work with grids and matrix’s
- – How to create doodling art
- – How to play and bend grids and matrices
What to bring
- Your favourite pens, (ideally include a fine liner), a pencil (sharpener maybe?)
- Closed Captions
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreters Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Artist Marloes Bakker-Marsden (she/her) teaches a variety of mediums at community centres, retirement communities and other locations, including in her own studio space, sharing her skills and passions with others in a light hearted and fun way that makes the experience totally enjoyable and rewarding for everyone involved.
Ask her why the Doodling for Relaxation workshops are her favorite and she will wax lyrical on the many benefits of this delightful art form, which include improved concentration, fine motor skills and increased joy levels (and lower blood pressure too). Find her on Instagram or her website.
Any questions or other accessibility requests? Feel free to email delsi (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.