Bikes and Melbourne go hand in hand. Not only is cycling often the quickest way to travel (imagine going from Carlton to Fitzroy), it is also fun, free, and great for your health and the environment!
But uh oh, you’ve got a flat! What do you do? Join us and learn some basic bike repairs and maintenance skills that will have you back in the saddle in no time. You’ll save heaps of money too!
And a Zoom advantage – you can have your own bike right with you as you learn from Lucie!
What will we cover?
This workshop will cover:
- The basics of bike repair and maintenance
- Fixing a puncture and moving on to brake and gear adjustments (disc breaks excluded)
- Learn to recognise signs of wear and identify when something can be fixed or needs replacing.
- General workshop tips and Q&A too!
So stop paying bike shops $30 to fix a flat when you can do it yourself for $1 and give yourself over to get a little bit greasy.
Who will be teaching?
Lucie Bradley is a scientist, communicator and multipotentialite. Cycling is her main method of transportation and she loves the freedom that is grants. After spending many hours fixing up different scrap heap bikes and making adjustments along the trail, she has a pretty good arsenal of basic bicycle repair and maintenance skills up her sleeve.
Pic by Marek
Gift a class to friends, family or colleagues!
You can purchase digital Laneway Learning gift cards in various values with a custom short message message! All gift cards are valid for 3 years (36 months). All gift cards are flexible and can be used for in-person or online classes.
Using a gift card or class credit?
For gift cards purchased via Laneway Learning’s Humanitix digital gift card page enter the gift code as per below during checkout:
If you have a PDF/paper gift card similar to LL7777 please email our team with your voucher or details. Note: we need up to 2 business days to process your request so please choose a class at least 2 days in the future!
Before you book
Please ensure you enter your email address accurately – this is where we will send your ticket, access links and other important information about the class.
Please read our terms and conditions. By purchasing a ticket or attending a class you agree to these terms and conditions.
All our classes are live only (not recorded).
If you can’t afford our classes but would still love to come, we would still love for you to come too! We are a not-for-profit community organisation and having you at our classes is what matters. We have introduced three different prices for our regular evening classes: $14 that covers all costs, $9 sponsored tickets for those struggling and $18 ‘pay it forward’ tickets. If you can afford it please select the full price or pay it forward so we can continue sponsoring others who can’t.
This class is delivered online via ZOOM:
- ZOOM is free to install on your Windows or Mac computer and also available as an app for your mobile/tablet device.
- You will need either the meeting link or both the meeting ID plus password. You don’t need to create an account to attend a meeting!
- If you are new to ZOOM please ensure you have downloaded and installed it in advance of the class.
- Here is a link to the ZOOM support site for a 1 minute tutorial on how to join a meeting.
- You can optionally join from a device with a camera and microphone.
Parts of this image are from Watercolor vector created by freepik www.freepik.com