What’s it all about?
Would you like to draw a portrait of your pet or other favourite animal but don’t know where to begin? not sure what materials you should use? how to create fur textures – so many questions?
Join us to get some answers, and begin your first pet portrait.
What will we cover?
- Learn where to start
- How to work from photos successfully (as the darlings rarely sit still long enough),
- How to choose a pose and create your composition
- What materials you could use and some pro’s and con’s
What will you need?
- Photos of your pet or chosen animal (Ideally as a (A4) photocopy – Ix colour 1x black and white – you will draw on this)
- Your favourite graphite/lead pencil, & colouring pencils / pens / pastels, eraser & sharpener
Who will be teaching?
Marloes Bakker-Marsden is a wildlife artist who also teaches a variety of mediums at community centers, retirement communities and other locations, including in her own studio space, sharing her skills and passions with others in a light hearted and fun way that makes the experience totally enjoyable and rewarding for everyone involved. Find her on Instagram or her website.