What’s it all about?
Ever wondered about native gardening but don’t know where to begin? Many of us have faced the challenge of keeping our gardens green and alive in Summer despite water restrictions, damaging weather and going on vacation.
Sometimes the problem isn’t our care of our gardens but the species of plants that inhabit it. Join Beth to learn how you could have the best of these worlds:
- Drought tolerant plants that are adapted to our climate
- A garden that flowers even in the middle of winter
- A garden that supports bees and native wildlife
Native plants are a great option for any space and any budget and any skill level and now is a great time to start planning and preparing so you’re ready to plant in spring!
What will we cover?
We’ll cover everything you need to get started right, including:
- Prepping your native garden and reasons to go native
- A plan for your native garden along with plant lists
- Resources for buying your plants
- How to select the perfect plants for your space and lifestyle
What will you need?
- Paper (ideally graph paper) pens & pencils
- Measurements of your garden space
Beth works in IT from Monday to Friday but is a passionate native gardener and suburban beekeeper on weekends. Over the past five years, she’s transformed her suburban garden into a haven for birds, butterflies, frogs and possums.