In this fun and accessible class, you will learn to draw and colour products from your pantry! Grab a pack of biscuits or a bag of chips and come and learn how to create beautiful illustrations.
This beginner class is perfect to get back into observation drawing and get great results following Emilie’s easy tricks and clear explanation.
Commercial products are a great thing to sketch – their bright colours, text and logo will make your illustration really recognisable even if you’re not super confident with your drawing skills.
What will we cover?
- Fun warm ups
- Some great drawing tips for complete beginners.
- Sharpen your observational skills and develop focus and concentration
- Some tips on using colours in your sketches
What will I need?
- Paper (any kind)
- Coloured pencils, fine liners (ideally uni pin or micron sakura, but any fine liner will do)
- Watercolour or gouache paint if you have any.
- Otherwise any colour tool (pencils, felt pens, etc)
- Closed Captions
- Early Bird Cheap Tix
- Free Tix for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching
Emilie (she/her) is an artist and educator based
between Melbourne and Marseille (Fr), working across media with a focus
on community-based practice and education. She graduated from her PhD in
Fine Arts at the Victorian College of the Arts in 2020 and has been an
art resident at Testing Grounds (2020), Making Space (2021) and the
Comic Art Workshop (2021).
Emilie has exhibited her works at FortyFive Downstairs gallery, the
Abbotsford convent, No Vacancy Gallery, Arcade and George Patton
In 2021, Emilie opened Couleur in Collingwood, a printmaking studio focusing on DIY, hand-prints, and experimental printmaking. Since 2023, Couleur Studio
has relocated in South of France. Emilie is also a comic book artist
and her illustration has been published by the Lifted Brow and she
self-published her first graphic novel in 2018 with Tree Paper Comics in
Art Pictured by Emilie
Have a question or a accessibility question? Just shoot an email to Maddy (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org.