We need a kindness revolution and it starts with developing empathy.
Compassion, caring, concern – call it what you will, empathy is the key trait we need to build connections with others in the modern world.
Join AJ as we explore the nature of empathy, the challenges in cultivating it and how it can bring meaning to our conversations and relationships with others.
What will we cover?
In this workshop we will learn how to:
- Break out of our bubbles and getting past ego
- Understand the key types of empathy
- Developing each of the traits
- Practice listening skills
- Bring compassion into our conversations with others
What to bring
- Closed Captions
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreters Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
AJ (he/him) toiled for years as a creative storyteller in marketing agencies and government.
Now he works with passionate changemakers: environmentalists, educators and charities to help teams get creative and tell their powerful stories. He crafts copy and trains organisations in media and public speaking. He also designs workshops that fuel ideas and generate laughter.
You can find out more about AJ at ajtennant.com or come along for free to a Better Conversations meetup (live or online).
Any questions or other accessibility requests? Feel free to email delsi at firstname.lastname@example.org.