It’s picnic time!
So come and learn how to make a delicious, homemade antipasto picnic platter with queen of the kitchen Liz Moleta.
She will take you through a series of homemade treats perfect for your Summer of covid safe picnics.
Get your hands dirty and cook along with her or simply sit back, watch and take in all the learnings.
We will be making some delightful dips such as a basil pesto, eggplant puree and classic vegan hummus. As well as techniques to make the perfect charred vegetables – a delightful accompaniment to your delicious dips.
Get set to wow your pals or your first hot date out of lockdown!
What will we cover?
In this live cookalong workshop you will learn:
- How to cook three different picnic dips
- How to save dollars by learning how to cook picnic treats at home
- How to chargrill vegetables to perfection
- Opportunities to ask lots of questions
What should I bring?
You are welcome to sit and enjoy the cooking demonstration or cook along at home!
If you’d like to cook along, feel free to have the follow ingredients ready to go!
- A bunch of basil washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
- 2 lemons juiced
- I tin of chickpeas drained (keep the liquid)
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 red capsicum finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- Cumin and cayenne pepper for garnish (optional)
- Oven Tray
- Baking paper
- Chopping knife
- Mortar and pestle or Food processor
- Food processor
Liz also recommends preheating the oven to 180 degrees prior to the class.
- Closed Captions
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
- Free Tix for First Nation Attendees
- Early Bird Cheaper Tickets
Who will be teaching?
Liz (she/her) has been cooking for as long as she can remember. She was taught by her mother, on the farm she grew up on in a little regional town called Rye Park.
She believes in bringing people together with food. Dinner at her house is always an experience – teamed with candle light, fresh flowers and the sounds of Frank Sinatra.
Liz is also the mum of our own Laneway Learning Manager, delsi!
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot delsi (she/her) an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.