Ever wondered what you could do with old magazines and newspapers?
Did you ever consider that you could turn them into beautiful and practical recycled paper baskets?
In this class Qing will take you through the practical steps to turn your discarded magazines and newspapers into gorgeous and useful paper baskets!
This technique imitates wicker weaving to create the perfect imitation of a traditional wicker basket.
You can then paint it pretty colours or leave it with the multicolour look of up-cycled newspaper!
What will we cover?
- How to fold, twist and tie your old magazines and papers into useful baskets
- Weaving techniques to look like a wicker basket
- Finishing and painting tips.
Feel free to bring along your own magazines and papers but we will have lots available for you at the workshop also.
– Wheelchair Accessible Venue
– Auslan Interpreter upon Request
– Quiet Spaces
– Gender Neutral Bathrooms
– Discounted Early Bird Tickets
– Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
Who will be teaching?
Qing (she/her) loves to cook for her family using traditional methods that she learnt from her parents.
She has many passions and also teaches classes on origami and beading.
Her hobbies include dressmaking and embroidery. She is a superstar of Laneway Learning and teaches with us nearly every week!