What’s it all about?
Got Spring in your step? Want to get your hands in some soil? Want the freshest, tastiest vegetables for your friends & family? Get started on a veggie garden!
This introductory course will provide the novice gardener with all the knowledge they need to have success on your plate.
What will we cover?
This online course will cover the fundamentals of a successful vegetable garden:
- Why you might grow your own veggies
- Some basics about plants and plant needs
- How to choose the location of your vegetable garden
- How to create a vegetable garden bed
- Different types of crops and how to choose
- When and how to plant your crops, including crop rotation
- How to maintain your vegetable bed
- When and how to harvest your crop
- How to save seeds for your next crop
What will you need?
- A notepad and pen or your preferred note taking device
Who will be teaching?
Horticultural Masters candidate, permaculturalist, landscape designer, veggie grower, native plant enthusiast, house plant hoarder and all round green thumb Patrick Cazaly. You can find out more about Patrick on his website.