Do you have a favourite jumper with worn out elbows or that the moths had a feast on?
Come along and learn how to make the clothes you love last!
You will learn how to needle felt your clothing making them a delight to wear again.
Mending is a great life skill which can save you money, save your clothes and reduce your impact on the environment!
You will learn how to add colour to your woollens for a visible repair and how to colour match wool to repair as invisibly as possible.
What we will cover?
In this workshop you will:
– Learn some mending basics
– Learn how to prepare your woollens for repair and the art of needle felting
– Get creative, applying beautiful patching to your woollens.
Needle felting tools, scissors and a range of wool fibre will be provided.
The workshop is suitable for both beginners and more experienced stitchers.
What should I bring?
– Bring along your woollens that have seen better days.
– And most importantly bring your imagination and enthusiasm!
- Wheelchair Accessible Venue
- Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Quiet Spaces
- Discounted Early Bird Tickets
- Free Tickets for First Nation Attendees
- Auslan Interpreted Upon Request
Who will be teaching?
Tamara (she/her) is a Textile Artist specialising in free machine embroidery, hand stitching and mending based in Melbourne. She has been making her clothes and mending since a teenager.
Loving to personalise her wardrobe with visible mending and embellishment. Tamara enjoys teaching various forms of mending and embroidery. She also happily accepts commissions to mend your old favourites. Visit her website or follow her on Instagram.
Photo teachers own
Any other questions or ways we can assist with accessibility? Just shoot delsi (she/her) an email at email@example.com.